Friday, December 17, 2010


There will come a time when you believe everything is finished.That will be the beginning.

Every artist knows that the masterpieces are usually a struggle. I can't tell you how many times I've walked away from a piece...feeling absolutely no hope for being able 'to save' a painting. No matter how much time I spend pushing through...it doesn't get better. When I was younger I never finished most of the pieces I started. When I started getting large commercial jobs, I no longer had the luxury of leaving half my inventory incomplete.

What I discovered is...
when you walk away and come back...
and keep working it until it works...

it turns out to be one of the most beautiful things...
something you know that you couldn't create alone
something you could not create if you hadn't had the love, determination and resolve
something that only passion and the simple belief that if you keep working...it will all come together.
...and in one moment...
a misplaced line.color.circle
makes it complete.

I have sat in my studio on the floor many times
weeping
at the beauty before me.
It's almost always when I give up and just let it paint itself that it unfolds in a beautiful way.

When I get my mind out of the way...
and clear myself
I feel channeled
the art comes through us as a vessel...

it wants to be created on this plane.
it simply wants to be created.

No comments: