Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Circus is coming to town. France.Italy.Spain.Asia.

We have 3 spaces in Paris and 2 in southern france confirmed for July Fire Workshops. My new lovely friend Maria Garcia is helping me coordinate Spain festival dates...and Jade is heading up Italy. 
Photo : Charles Maridor Paris.Copyright 2009

Acrobatic yoga will take Europe this year :)...in the form of 2 blond Vikings and an Asian Pixie. We'll be teaming up with 2 french circus troupes for an Eiffel Tower show mid-July. I really look forward to playing with them this summer. We are looking for 2-3 more yoga studios in both France ,Italy and Spain for our acro workshops this July.

Photo: Brandon Gonzalez. copyright 2008
Photo:Charles Maridor Paris.copyright 2009


I'll be leaving in a few weeks for the summer and part of fall...teaching/performing Acrobatic yoga, Contact Yoga, and Fire Spinning Workshops in France...Italy, Spain, Greece, Burma, India and Thailand the following 2 months. 

Italy and Texas come together again this summer in Europe. Jade and I will join forces in France in June and make our way through Paris, Milan, and 6 other cities performing and teaching. 
photo copyright: Lynn Milena Powell
While in Europe, I'll also be opening for a Boston band I shot the video for at SXSW this year. They have several stops through out Europe and I'll be coordinating with local dancers...providing them all with costumes of course :). More info on that project as well. I am also collaborating with the lead vocalist on an upcoming book. He is a harvard educated poet, musician, and author of 2 previous novels. ..he is a real character. More info soon, I promise.


Photo Copyright: Pleasant Photography 2008
Please email me at Maranda@bigmodernart.com for more date info.

No comments: