Tuesday, May 12, 2009

lululemon Athletica. Roof of Whole Foods.Acrobatic Yoga Class.Weird Wednesdays.

I was chosen to lead the Acrobatic Yoga class for lululemon at Whole Foods. I saw a community laughing...i mean laughing hard...the entire time...as we supported ourselves and each other.I loved watching people come together assisting each other in growth, talking through fears and watching them push past their edges. 

I met tons of new friends and played with familiar circus companions. The beauty is just being apart of such transformation. I viewed self growth and watched the community of yogis come together to help each other.

Thanks Mike for the great little email he wrote for lulu. I've never heard it stated better:

"Join us on top of Whole Foods as Maranda Pleasant facilitates an Acrobatic Yoga class for all levels, ages, abilities, colors, doshas, zodiac signs, etc. It is a combination of partner yoga, circus acrobatics, massage and communication/connection chakra opening moves. We're taking it up a notch for the LAST class in the Weird Wednesday series. Bring a yoga mat if you have one."

A big thank you to lulu. I'll be teaching in Houston, the Woodlands and San Antonio on a regular basis for lulu as well as holding workshops in those cities. Please let me know if you are interested. 

1 comment:

Groomy said...

Yoga is not just good for the body but it also connects people. And that can be seen in your post. It’s only been a year since I got into yoga but I’m really enjoying the experience. One thing to keep in mind is to get comfortable yoga clothes, I get mine mostly from Alo Yoga.